What are some unique items for a FALL theme wedding you have seen?
I'm having a "Fall" theme wedding. Please share your ideas i'm writing a list of things to get or create. Thank You!
- couple had their wedding in the fall in an apple orchard. They made homemade mini apple pies to give to guests. Pies were in white boxes with colored ribbon. Also had apple cider and other apple foods.
reception in apple orchard http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0049772/large_image.jpg
(before or after reception, guests can be given baskets and allowed to pick their own apples from the trees, to take home)
- When people think 'fall' they typically imagine pumpkins and leaves. If you want to do something a little different, you can include some rustic feather arrangements or accessories. Avoid dyed ostrich plumes, instead go for something more in-vocative of the harvest. Pheasant feathers are beautiful and would fit into a fall theme very well. They're also pretty easy to find.
- fall colored paper lanterns hung at random in trees...looked really cool. you could do it with plain white ones as well. http://www.lunabazzar.com/
branches in tall vases with river rocks in the bottom and submergable lights for centerpieces. you can add flowers as well if you choose. http://www.save-on-crafts.com/
decorate area with pots of fall flowers from lowes or home depot. you can use the small ones for centerpieces and larger ones to set around in various places and/or line the aisle or path you will walk, or the altar area. after the wedding, these can be planted in your yard or your parent's yard as a perpetual reminder of your wedding day. every year on your anniversary they will be back in bloom.
squares of lovely fall colored fabrics from the fabric store can be used as table toppers or cut them in long lengths for runners. if you get the right kind of fabric, they do not even need to be hemmed.
hay bales can be used for a casual fall themed wedding. i have seen them even used as seat for the guests instead of chairs but that requires a fabric drape to keep them from poking people.
- use an orchard or a vineyard if there is one in your area if not try to find a location with a view of foliage its one of the best parts of fall. i just saw on another answer to a different question that someone carved a pumpkin with their monogram i think that is a neat idea.
- Oh Gosh- When searching on google for fall stuff, I saw a really neat fall leaves aisle runner ^0 0^ Like fall leaves fell on the aisle i never seen that before it makes me want to do a fall theme now :0
- Decorating with white pumpkins is so beautiful.