What type of coat is suitable for a winter wedding?
i have been invited to a wedding this winter. i dont want to freeze in the church. so i need tips or ideas of what kind of coat would be suitable with a dress. dress length is just above the knee. should i go for a coat longer or shorter than the dress length.
- Same length or longer and no boots with the dress. And no fur.
- you could wear a formal jacket such as a blazer with your dress
if you aren't going to wear a blazer id suggest going with a longer smart coat, maybe a black or white one in a style similar to this one.. http://www.johnlewis.com/29874/Style.aspx - expensive i know but i was on the john lewis website, cheaper alternatives are available in next, zara, topshop, mango
- go with longer than the dress, maybe a mac coat or military style one
please fill out my fashion survey for guys & girls(click both links to fill out whole survey)
- make sure your coat is below the dress or the same length as it looks awkward with a coat shorter.
as for the type of coat, make it so its tailored and not patterned. make the colour of it one colour, or three maximum.
or you could pull off a coat something like these:
http://www.newlook.co.uk/1701034/170103441/ProductDetails.aspx - i like ones like these.
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Aquarell-Drape-Coat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=851241&cid=2641&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Soft+Grey - mmm, bit expensive but nice! haha.
http://www.asos.com/Agyness-Deyn/Asos/Asos-Duffle-Cape/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=689388&cid=2641&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Navy - i was going to get this ):
so yeah.. you see my point.. . even though iput the one of the bright blue coat in there, whcih is nice, i want to say maybe not too bright :/
hope i helped.
- I would suggest the perfect coat, it's at topshop for £85 it pulls you in at the waist and is just above knee length and has a corset back. I looks really smart and sexy and is perfect not only for a wedding but all winter. (It's dark navy blue). I love mine!